Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Adoption Update

Man I tell you God is so good and so awesome. It is so amazing how he ochestrates things into motion. Ok...so get this....I called birthmother counselor and talked to her about posistives and negatives for a long time last monday and she wants us all to get togther. SO I called the birhtmother to check on her and she was having a good day. I told her that our BM counselor wants to meet with us all and she is going for MD check up on thursday. She said she would get with BF and get some time and days that would be good with them and call me back at end of week after MD appointment so she would have an update for us.
Ok so I was up front and bold to BM and asked so are you still on board with adoption and she said yes. Her family is supporting her and her decision. She started going to counseling as of now. She is to start school fulltime on monday (which her counselor states that she doesn't think that is a great idea) HOWEVER our counselor says it is GREAT, because she will get a taste of college and keep busy with her career path. So go figure...(God is in control of it all either way)
We need prayer not only for both families and the baby. we need prayer over finances because she will be a fulltime student and under her mom's insurance if she cant stay fulltime she will be dropped by insurance and delivery not be covered. I was trying to tell her to sign up for medicaid because our counselor said that would be the best for us and her, but she said no way like she was too prideful for that. So pray that ALL ..ALL delivery services are cared for by insurance.

I told her that we are building a closet in the bonus room so the baby boy will have the extra bedroom withOUT robbie's clothes being in there and we started thinking of names. I told her we are in on this and IF at ANYTIME she wanted to change her mind she needed to tell us ASAP because we needed to know in order to start to heal and she said that she and BF could not offer this baby anything at this time and she felt good about going forth with adoption. We have secured our attorney verbally and thank God she has not asked for any monies as of yet. Because we have none. We will probably do a yard sale in sept. to try to raise money for this little guy. So I will probably be asking for donation to the yard sale. Robbie is NOT looking forward to a yard sale he hates that idea, but I don't know what else to do at this point.
Anyway we are waiting till the last minute to do paperwork with attorney, because if she does change her mind that is when we loose minimum 2-3 thousand dollars if attorney has took the time to do paperwork.

Also a petty little thing is Robbie HAS to go to a conference in NOV. Pray that Robbie will be her to bring his baby boy home from hospital and not in Reno neveda at a safety conference:) He just told me this weekend he was going to have to travel in NOV.
God Bless!

No comments: